Over 40 Years of Adoption Expertise in One Place
The National Council For Adoption is the leading expert on adoption issues, providing resources and education for all people and organizations in the adoption world, and advocating for sound policies so that every child can thrive in a nurturing, permanent family.Learn More
Support for Every Adoption Experience
Considering adoption for your child can be overwhelming and scary, and you deserve to have all the right information you need to make the best decision for you and your baby. We’re here to support you with reliable, accurate resources.
We understand that for birth parents, adoption is a difficult journey, filled with mixed emotions from heartbreak to hope. Here you’ll find resources to inform and support you every step of the way.
As adoptive parents, you face a unique set of challenges. From navigating the adoption process to parenting children with a history of trauma, we can help you find support and expert guidance.
Processing your adoption story and navigating difficult issues like identity, search and reunion, and more can be a lifelong journey. Here you can find high-impact resources, get practical guidance, and connect with other adoptees.
NCFA supports professionals in the adoption community with the most relevant, up-to-date research and training so that together we can ensure every child has a nurturing, permanent family.
Expert Resources and Professional Training
NCFA is committed to providing research-based resources for everyone touched by adoption, whether you’re looking for parenting guidance, professional training or help navigating the legal process.Check out the latest resources and training opportunities
Find an Agency or Attorney
Search NCFA's Member Directory to find an adoption professional to assist you with a range of services including homestudies, placement services, expectant parent counseling, birthparent support, legal services, search and reunion guidance, post adoption support, and much more.
If you are an adoption professional, NCFA membership can be your home for professional community, support, resources, training, and advocacy opportunities. We know you want to do the best work possible in service of children, youth, and families. Together, we can advance sound adoption policies, improve practice, and strengthen the field to achieve our shared vision.
Membership Benefits include:
- Members-only listservs including country and topic-specific groups
- Representation before policymakers, and foreign and domestic governments
- Education and training discounts including National Adoption Conference registration
- Free Members-Only Webinars
- Publicity via our website ”Find A Professional” directory and friendly media inquiries on adoption-related stories
- Referrals of expectant parents and prospective adoptive parents looking for credible agencies and attorneys
- Program Caucus Calls
- Information and assistance on specific adoption cases and best practice solutions
- Participate in receiving visiting International Delegations