2021 National Adoption Conference
September 21 - 23, 2021
What to Expect in 2021
Typically, we gather at a conference venue in or around a large U.S. city and bring together hundreds of adoption professionals as attendees, speakers, sponsors, and exhibitors. This was not possible in 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. It was the sincere hope of our entire staff and board that an in-person National Adoption Conference would be possible in 2021.
But after careful assessment of current public health conditions, and continuing uncertainty around travel and gathering restrictions, it is clear that the best path forward for the 2021 Conference is to deliver an exceptional virtual experience that will provide as many professionals as possible with valuable training, continuing education credits, and an engaging environment to network with colleagues and organizations that serve the field of adoption.
- When will registration open? Will there be discounts?
- Registration will open in the spring with early bird and NCFA member discounts available.
- Will CEs be available?
- Yes, attendees can earn 12 hours of continuing education credit through the Conference.
- I'm interested in sponsoring the Conference. How can I learn more?
- Sponsorship information will be announced soon! Please be sure you have signed up for the mailing list below so you are among the first to know all the details.
- Are you taking speaker recommendations or proposals?
- Yes, a Request for Proposals was issued and proposals were due by February 28th. If you would still like to submit a proposal for consideration, please contact email@example.com.
Request For Proposals
The 2021 National Adoption Conference planning team issued a Request for Proposals from experienced professionals in the field of social services, child welfare, adoption law, non-profit management (especially in the child welfare and social services sector), and other fields directly related to the work of adoption professionals.
February 28th was the deadline to submit a proposal. If you would still like to submit a proposal for consideration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the RFP is below.
Preference will be given to speakers with demonstrated experience in effective online presentations. Speakers will receive complimentary Conference registration.
Please keep in mind that the target audience is adoption professionals primarily serving intercountry adoptions, private domestic adoptions (infant, kinship, and embryo), and adoptions from foster care. This can include agency staff, social workers, clinicians, attorneys, and lay professionals who may serve in capacities of education, support services, and advocacy. The experience and expertise of attendees will vary significantly.
If selected, speakers will need to provide NCFA with a detailed bibliography, all session materials, learning objectives, ten assessment questions and answers for future CE purposes, resume/CV, biography, and a headshot. All sessions will be recorded and become the sole property of National Council For Adoption.
We want to keep you updated on important news and announcements about the National Adoption Conference. Be among the first to know about registration, featured speakers and session topics, opportunities to sponsor the Conference, and much more!