Trusted Resources to Inform Your Work
If you work for an adoption agency or provide adoption-related professional services, chances are you share our passion for making sure all children have the nurturing, permanent family they deserve. We know it’s challenging work, and NCFA is committed to supporting you by connecting you with trusted resources, training, expertise, and a network of other professionals to help you serve children and families well.
If you are an adoption professional, NCFA membership can be your home for professional community, support, resources, training, and advocacy opportunities. We know you want to do the best work possible in service of children, youth, and families. Together, we can advance sound adoption policies, improve practice, and strengthen the field to achieve our shared vision.
Membership Benefits include:
- Members-only listservs including country and topic-specific groups
- Representation before policymakers, and foreign and domestic governments
- Education and training discounts including National Adoption Conference registration
- Free Members-Only Webinars
- Publicity via our website ”Find A Professional” directory and friendly media inquiries on adoption-related stories
- Referrals of expectant parents and prospective adoptive parents looking for credible agencies and attorneys
- Program Caucus Calls
- Information and assistance on specific adoption cases and best practice solutions
- Participate in receiving visiting International Delegations
NCFA offers an online Hague-compliant training program called The Intercountry Adoption Journey (IAJ) for prospective adoptive parents, which adoption professionals also utilize for staff training purposes.
NCFA's Foreign Supervised Provider Training is a first of its kind, 1.5 hour online course that educates and equips foreign supervised providers for best practices that adhere to all applicable laws and regulations.
NCFA members receive a discount on both courses.
Consider the Possibilities is an online program designed to give professionals basic knowledge and the tools they need to understand and share the option of adoption on an equal basis with all other options. This free training aims to give pregnancy counselors the confidence to comfortably share the option of adoption so that pregnant clients can be empowered to make a fully informed decision.Get Started