Adoption Resources & Training
NCFA is committed to providing non-partisan, research-based resources for everyone touched by adoption, whether you’re looking for parenting guidance, professional training, or help navigating the legal process.
Publications & Research
Single Parent Adoption: The Process and Experience of Adopting Unpartnered
Adoption Advocate No. 159
Understanding Parental Postadoption Depression
Adoption Advocate No. 158
Down Syndrome and the Option of Adoption
Adoption Advocate No. 157
Adoption Options for Members of the Military
Adoption Advocate No. 156
National Training and Development Curriculum
The National Training and Development Curriculum (NTDC) is a newly developed training curriculum to prepare and equip foster and adoptive parents. In Spring 2022, this curriculum will be free and avai...
Intercountry adoption options for single parents
Intercountry adoption options for single parents.
Intercountry adoption options for LGBTI parents
Intercountry adoption options for non-traditional parents and families.
Adoption Tax Credit Questions
General information and answers to FAQs to help you get started with the adoption tax credit.
A Changed Life
When you’re the first teenager to get pregnant in your school, you’re going to get talked about.
15 and Pregnant
Going to school pregnant, riding the bus…that was hard. You just have all the stares and you have all the questions.
My Beautiful Son
I had just turned 18 when I found out I was pregnant. Although I was young and it was unexpected, I felt an unbelievable amount of love for my unborn child.
A Better Life
My name is Angela and I chose adoption. I am originally from St. Louis. I was born and raised there.
If you are an adoption professional, NCFA membership can be your home for professional community, support, resources, training, and advocacy opportunities. We know you want to do the best work possible in service of children, youth, and families. Together, we can advance sound adoption policies, improve practice, and strengthen the field to achieve our shared vision.
Membership Benefits include:
- Members-only listservs including country and topic-specific groups
- Representation before policymakers, and foreign and domestic governments
- Education and training discounts including National Adoption Conference registration
- Free Members-Only Webinars
- Publicity via our website ”Find A Professional” directory and friendly media inquiries on adoption-related stories
- Referrals of expectant parents and prospective adoptive parents looking for credible agencies and attorneys
- Program Caucus Calls
- Information and assistance on specific adoption cases and best practice solutions
- Participate in receiving visiting International Delegations