NCFA offers an excellent opportunity for students to join us as we help children find loving, permanent families through adoption. NCFA interns are eligible to obtain school credit, when applicable. While NCFA internships are unpaid, we do offer a travel stipend to cover the cost of your commute.
As an intern, you have the choice of working in one or more of our departments, including (but not limited to):
- Government Relations
- Public Policy and Law
- Event/Conference Planning
- Research and Publications
- Adoption Agency Services
- Video Production
- Communications/Public Relations
Students in graduate school should email Amy Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org for opportunities to serve as a Social Work, Legal, or Research Fellow (please email her before beginning our online internship application). Our staff is passionately committed to the belief that every child deserves a nurturing, permanent family, and we ask nothing less from our interns. Students with an interest in adoption, non-profits or charitable organizations, social work, fundraising, communications, or policy are preferred.
We accept internship applications year-round. Please direct all inquiries about our internship program to Amy Wolfe at email@example.com or (703) 299-6633.
We are now accepting internship applications! Here is some information you should know before you apply:
- NCFA's office is in Alexandria, VA.
- Our office is open 9am-5:30pm Monday through Friday, and we work with you to find a schedule that works for you.
- Part-time and full-time opportunities are available.
- At this time, internships are unpaid, but we do offer a weekly travel stipend.
- NCFA is not an adoption agency, and, with the possible exception of special events or projects, your internship will not include regular face-to-face interactions with adoptive families or children. Please read about our mission and work before applying!
- Summer internship applications are due April 31st
- Fall internship applications are due August 31st
- Spring internship applications are due December 18th