We know that as adoptive parents, you experience unique joys, but also face some unique challenges in meeting the needs of your children. NCFA is here to provide trusted guidance and support every step of the way, whether you’re navigating the adoption process, looking for trauma-informed parenting expertise, or hoping to connect with other parents experiencing similar challenges.
Learn more about the most common types of adoption:
"We knew the international adoption process could be quite challenging, but when we hit some really unique roadblocks, we turned to NCFA for guidance and expertise. They helped us identify the issues at hand and the resources we needed to overcome the challenges and successfully complete the adoption of our children. We are so thankful for their support!"
- Jason and Courtney G.
We're with you
Adoption is beautiful, but we understand it’s also complex. It means trauma and healing, hurt and compassion, heartbreak and hope -- all side by side. Since 1980, we’ve been working in the adoption community to not only advocate for children in need of a nurturing, permanent family but also equip families built through adoption and foster care with the resources to thrive. We bring together expert resources in fields like attachment theory, the legal process of adoption, trauma-informed parenting, and more so that adoptive parents, and their children, feel supported every step of the way.
NCFA Family Membership
Prospective adoptive parents need clear information, reliable resources, and access to experts to help them make good decisions. NCFA and YAFC Academy, are teaming up to offer an affordable option that meets those needs and supports individuals in the adoption process.
- Full access to the YAFC Academy with personalized financial coaching, on-demand video library, downloadable templates for budgets and action plans, and monthly webinars.
- Access to Members-only Facebook group for discussion of adoption finance and adoption process-related topics and support.
- Free Training and Educational Resources from NCFA, including the Intercountry Adoption Journey training course which provides 10 hours of Hague required education.
- Subscription to This Month In Adoption, a curated e-newsletter covering adoption news, headlines, research, and policy information.
- 30-minute annual consultation call with NCFA Staff
Find an Agency or Attorney
Search NCFA's Member Directory to find an adoption professional to assist you with a range of services including homestudies, placement services, expectant parent counseling, birthparent support, legal services, search and reunion guidance, post adoption support, and much more.