Who We Are
National Council For Adoption is the leading expert on adoption issues, providing resources, education, and advocacy for all people and organizations connected to adoption so that every child can thrive in a nurturing, permanent family.
For over 40 years, NCFA has provided expert resources, education, and advocacy for all people and organizations connected to adoption to help ensure every child has the opportunity to thrive in a nurturing, permanent family.Learn More
Mission & Vision
Our mission is to meet the diverse needs of children, birth parents, adopted individuals, adoptive families, and all those touched by adoption through global advocacy, education, research, legislative action, and collaboration.
Our vision is a world in which all children everywhere have nurturing, permanent families.Learn More
Staff & Board
Our talented staff is comprised of individuals working together to make our mission a reality. NCFA’s Board of Directors guides and protects the mission and purpose of the organization, ensuring that we fulfill our mission with integrity and accountability.Learn More
NCFA offers an excellent opportunity for students to join us as we promote a culture of adoption through education, research, and legislative action. Our staff is passionately committed to the belief that every child deserves a nurturing, permanent family, and we ask nothing less from our interns. Students with an interest in adoption, non-profits or charitable organizations, social work, fundraising, communications, or policy are a good fit for a NCFA internship.Learn More
If you are an adoption professional, NCFA membership can be your home for professional community, support, resources, training, and advocacy opportunities. We know you want to do the best work possible in service of children, youth, and families. Together, we can advance sound adoption policies, improve practice, and strengthen the field to achieve our shared vision.
Membership Benefits include:
- Members-only listservs including country and topic-specific groups
- Representation before policymakers, and foreign and domestic governments
- Education and training discounts including National Adoption Conference registration
- Free Members-Only Webinars
- Publicity via our website ”Find A Professional” directory and friendly media inquiries on adoption-related stories
- Referrals of expectant parents and prospective adoptive parents looking for credible agencies and attorneys
- Program Caucus Calls
- Information and assistance on specific adoption cases and best practice solutions
- Participate in receiving visiting International Delegations
Find an Agency or Attorney
Search NCFA's Member Directory to find an adoption professional to assist you with a range of services including homestudies, placement services, expectant parent counseling, birthparent support, legal services, search and reunion guidance, post adoption support, and much more.